Summer drinks here I come! Lemons are good for the body, right? So is a little sugar, right? This drink can me made virgin or with a little rum. Either way, it’s delicious.
The proportion of soda to lemon to simple syrup makes this recipe a little tart, and not too sweet. I prefer my drinks this way, but feel free to modify the sugar level to your taste. There’s not much more to say about this drink except bottoms up! Or actually, slow down a little and enjoy this one.
You’re probably thinking, “Oh this is just lemonade with a little soda water, what’s the big deal?” I’ll tell you what the big deal is: the muddled mint takes this “lemonade” to the next level. It’s so refreshing, especially when I’m out grilling. Wash your burger down with this concoction. In fact, here’s a good picnic idea:
I just decided this is what next weekend will look like. I recommend you do the same – enjoy!
- 6-7 ice cubes
- 3-4 mint leaves
- Juice of 2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 shot of white rum, such as Bacardi (2 if you’re feeling naughty)
- 12 oz. San Pellegrino
- In a tall glass, stir together lemon juice, simple syrup and rum.
- Add mint leaves whole and use a muddler to muddle for about 1 minute.
- Add ice.
- Then add ½ of the San Pellegrino in each glass.
- Give it a slight stir and serve with a lemon wedge.
- Feel free to substitute the rum for another white liquor, such as vodka. Or, skip it altogether for a virgin drink!